Monday, June 2, 2008

Rambling: Dreams, Busy, Preddyfest!

I had the most unsettling dreams last night! You know the ones where you are trying to wake up and get out of the dream and you just can't? And these just kept going on and on and on. I dreamed about waking up and telling Ken about the dream, and in the dream about the dream I dreamed I was touching myself and asking am I really awake, is this really happening now? and then something else horrible would start dreaming. I've never experienced a real life panic attack, but I have to imagine it is similar to these dreams. I feel like I can't breath, like I simply must wake up in order to breath, and I just can't. I talked to a friend of mine today and she said she had bad dreams last night, too. Wonder if our dreams are affected by something in the atmosphere...was it a full moon?

Luckily I've been way too busy at work today to dwell too much on my dreams. Of course now that I've been awake so long I don't remember many of the gory details, just the feeling of it all. I've hardly had a break today, which is good of course--we want to be busy! But I have lots to do before Thursday....

And Thursday is PREDDYFEST! I can't wait! My sister Julia and some of her friends have set up a camper and roped off an area for the rest of us. I think my dad, his wife and my step sister are coming in tomorrow; my sister Deborah is coming up from SC Wed. I have Wed off to pack and start cooking, but I know I'm going to be anxious to drive on up. Ken says 3 days is enough and he doesn't want to go until Thursday, but I'm ready now!

Preddyfest is a three day bluegrass festival held just outside of Franklinton. That makes is only 20 minutes away for us. We camp on the property, but Ken and I cheat. We wake up every morning and come home for a shower and a nap. The bands are awesome, but the real fun starts after the stage closes around 11 and the "amatuer" picking starts in the campground. We've been going since about year 2 or 3...8 years? Wow! My dad and Julia have been the last 3 or 4 years, and this will be Deborah's first trip. Did I say I'm excited?

Back to work now...I'll try to post a detailed recap when we get back!

No comments: