Saturday, July 19, 2008

Lovin' Hubbin'

I haven't earned my fortune (yet), but I have really enjoyed publishing and reading articles on HubPages. Truthfully, I probably spend way too much time reading and not enough time writing, but there's some really good stuff there!

Today ShadesBreath had me laughing hysterically with Top 5 Worst Species in Which to Be a Guy: an absolutely scientific (or not) look at sex in the animal world. And he's just the first one to catch my attention today--I have tons of favorite hubbers, and I'll be mentioning others as I blog.

While I haven't made a ton of money, I have made a little, and I am seeing a steady rise in my traffic. I'm over 1600 views now, and more than half are from the search engines. At first, most of my views were from other hubbers, which is really a great way to get started. Hubbers are encouraging, they leave comments on your articles, they become your fans. All of this moral support keeps you motivated until the money starts to trickle in. Hubbers also openly share their experience on the Hub Forums. I've learned that while that first $100 paycheck may take months to earn, they seem to start coming more quickly after that. I'm really encouraged by several Hubbers who say they are earning pretty steady pocket change with very little SEO (that's search engine optimization, which I have NOT learned much about...yet.) I think the best thing about earning money through hupages (and other online writing opporunities) is the passive nature of the earnings. Once you publish a really good article, and learn a little about keywords and SEO, the traffic will come, and keep coming.

Are you ready to sign up for hubpages and give it a try? Use this link and I'll get referral credit ;-0 That means when you start earning, I'll get a commission. Don't worry--the commission comes from HubPages share, not yours!

No comments: