Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sounding Like a Broken Record!

Sorry to repeat myself, but really, Christmas? Already?

I FINALLY put the tree up yesterday, and FINALLY bought a few Christmas presents Friday. I don't think I have ever in my life gotten such a late start! And with the work week from hell that started with our biggest full moon a week or so ago, I have not found my "Christmas spirit".

I'm hoping to remedy that tonight. I'm hosting "Christmas Karaoke" for my meetup group. My good friend Steve Quinney is the KJ at Fat Daddy's and it looks like we will have a great turnout. We certainly won't sing just Christmas carols, but we will sing, and I bet we'll throw a few "Merry Christmas" and "Happy Holidays" greetings around.

Before then, I plan to wrap, wrap, wrap Christmas presents. The tree never looks right to me until it has packages scattered underneath. (Friends and family, don't get too excited - those packages are going to contain little stuff like socks and mittens!)

I guess I sound like I'm complaining, but I don't really feel that stressed. The trappings are not what's important, and I'm looking forward to the fellowship part of the season. We have enough plans in place that the get togethers will be fun and meaningful. I'm looking forward to seeing friends tonight that I haven't seen in ages, I'm looking forward to visiting with family at the various celebrations, and I'm looking forward to New Year's Eve with my other favorite KJs - TByrd & Teresa.

If we don't connect over the holidays - let's catch up in the new year. No guilt trips allowed :-)

No comments: