Friday, December 12, 2008

Biggest Full Moon of 2008: No Wonder I’m Having a Bad Day!

Seriously, December 12, 2008 has been insane! Truthfully, the work load hasn’t been that heavy – in fact call volume is a little light today. But everything that has crossed my desk (or more accurately, computer screen) has been a pain in the royal pa-too-tey!

(I sounded that out…have no idea how to spell it, and haven’t used or heard that phrase in ages…but that’s for another blog.)

I know plenty of studies have “proven” that the full moon doesn’t really cause any increase in insanity, thought hospital employees and public servants continue to swear that it does. The researchers claim that it’s all in our heads – we believe the full moon will have a negative effect so our perception is that it does.

The problem is, in my experience, that I usually don’t even know it’s a full moon when things start going awry. I don’t watch the moon phases unless I’m planning a fishing trip. Speaking of which, if the moon can pull those big bodies of water that we call oceans back and forth, then why do we think it can’t have an effect on us human beings, made up of 55-60 percent water?

I had no idea there was a full moon today, until after I observed that things were just not going my way!

My mom first alerted me in an email that there was a full moon; she was hoping it explained the bad day she was having. I experience the “ah-ha” moment that has happened so many times for me in the past. Usually, once I realize there is an explanation for the insanity, I am actually able to cope better and things start going more smoothly.

But not today. It’s just been one thing after another.
I just logged into Yahoo and found this article: Year's Biggest Full Moon Friday Night. Maybe now things will settle down, now that I’ve given the Biggest Full Moon the attention it deserves. Seriously. It just can’t get any worse!

No comments: